I just scrolled through the images since last week, and my goodness, does a good experiment make me so happy!
A few changes made today. While I was at work I came to the realization that the batch needs to be in a warm, but also dark place, which is counterintuitive a moi. This morning, I briefly toyed with the idea of leaving a light on when I went to work, to give off more heat. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out where would be a good spot, until I realized that the batch can still be in a place that’s lighted, but simply covered up like you would do with a birdcage. Duh. So I changed the location yet again, but I think this is going to be a good spot for the batch to grow and prosper. It seems to have flourished even in the scant hours since I moved the jar.
AM check: cloudy with separate, but peaceable, colonies. PM check, united and formidable!